Monday, March 28, 2011

All fall down...

In the last month, my mother has fallen four times.   She hasn't broken anything...yet.  She has had some rather nasty bruises.  The latest fall was last night.  The assisted living facility called 911 because they thought she might have hurt herself.  When my husband and I arrived at the ER, she's all smiles....so glad to see us, even though it was 3:30 a.m.   She told the ER doctor that I'm her baby.   I am a really large and old baby, but her baby never the less.   Everything checked out okay, so she was released quickly.  We wrapped her up and delivered her back to the assisted living facility.  "Am I staying here?" she asked.  Oh, yes, and please stay in bed.  Back to bed by 4:30 and up at 6.  It's going to be a long day....

No comments:

Post a Comment