Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another fine mess.....

Last evening the assisted living facility called and asked if I could come visit with my mom.  She wouldn't go to her room.  She had her robe and nightgown packed in her walker and she was leaving.  They thought that I could manage her.  They gave her a snack to keep her occupied until I got there and it worked.

I asked her if we could go sit in her room and read the newspaper and talk.  She was agreeable, so I visited with her awhile.  I assured her that we were in her room, and asked her if she was ready to put on her nightgown.

Sure enough she was ready.  She brushed her teeth, and I reminded her to 'potty' before she got in bed.  It was then I noticed she has problems with her bladder and bowels.  I hadn't realized that there was a continous problem.  Earlier in the week we had noticed a problem with bladder control, but yesterday it was both.  I cleaned her up, put her to bed and told her to stay there.

I mentioned Mom's problem to the caregiver as I left and she said that has been a problem the past couple of days.  We checked her for a urinary tract infection, but she was fine.  It seems that she has slipped a little further into the world of dementia.   Drifting away from me more and more....

No comments:

Post a Comment